Friday, March 22, 2013

{Wo} Man with a Plan!

First and foremost, sorry for the crummy pictures. My house is a cave today!


This weekend, I am a Wo-Man with a Plan! On Monday, my beloved Ernst is going to the spa. (Yes, I do name my sewing machines; yes, I do name them boy names; and yes, I did name this one after the smart kid on the Swiss Family Robison because Bernina is a Swiss company!) Since I will probably be 2 weeks or so without a machine, I need to get some things done in preparation of no machine!


Most importantly, I am going to use these pink and brown fabrics (from It's A Hoot by MoMo for Moda) to make 2 Wonky Cross blocks. My amazing friend Amanda from Panda Bear Quilts is making comfort quilts for her 2 nieces that lost their father suddenly and tragically. If you want to help out, or just read about it, you can here. It's a super easy pattern, so I'll just whip them up and send them to her on Monday!


I also need to catch up on my Lucky Star BOM by Don't Call Me Betsy! The March block is the Ninja Star, and just the name cracks me up! I need to get this done before the next block comes out on April 1.


There is a slight possibility I'll get this done. It's my monster Christmas Quilt from the DMQG round robin last year. If I can just finish the quilting and get the binding on, I can do the hand binding while Ernst is away. The problem is, I'm not nearly as far along as I remembered being. Hmmm. :/.  We'll have to see.


And if I get everything else done, and if I can work up my courage to try something new, and if all the stars align, and if I can procure enough wine, I might use this pretty fabric (Modern Blooms by Hoffman Fabrics) to whip something for Miss A to hunt Easter eggs in. Maybe.


And finally, I just wanted to show you something pretty! I got a gift card to my favorite online fabric shop, Pink Chalk Fabrics, for my birthday. I bought stuff for other projects, but I had to slip this bag of pretties into the cart just for me! I haven't even opened them yet! They just sit on my craft desk, making me happy. Maybe I'll bust them out while Ernst is away!

Thanks for stopping by! I'll let you know on Monday how it went!

See ya!
EL

No comments:

Post a Comment