Saturday, March 30, 2013

Favorite Things

On Thursday, I went to the Dallas Modern Quilt Guild meeting. Part of our program was members sharing their favorite tools. (I have a new shopping list now!)

And while I was hilarious (if I do say so myself) bringing my ultimate favorite tool for any endeavor . . .

I thought I might actually show you a real tool!
I use Dritz Printed Treasures printer fabric all the time! Obviously, I used it a bunch of times in my grandmother's 90th Birthday quilt, for the pictures and the copy of the invite,


but I also use it for labels on baby quilts.


 It's super easy to use, just put it in your printer and hit print. I cut mine to size before I remove the backing, but it sews just like regular fabric (well, maybe a little thicker and stiffer, but nothing drastic).

I also found this hilarious "game" on the Victoria and Albert museum website.

Just upload any picture and they can make it a quilt pattern for you!


Tulips at the Dallas Arboretum.

You can specify how many colors and level of difficulty.






They'll actually give you a quilt pattern to download!


And here's the final pattern!


It's tons of fun! I haven't made a quilt out of it yet, but it's a blast to mess around with!

Anyway, those are my favorite tools!

See ya!
EL

No comments:

Post a Comment