Wednesday, March 13, 2013

WIP Wednesday

Sorry it's been such a long time since my last post . . . we lost one of the best men I've ever known last week, and I didn't feel much like sewing or talking. But this week I've been doing a lot of both . . . so I thought I'd share!

I have been working on a Tribute Quilt for my amazing grandmother who turns 90 on Saturday! NannyPud has been quilting since before I was born, and is extremely talented and prolific! For her 4 children, 8 grandchildren, and 10 great-grandchildren (not to mention countless in-laws, friends, and random people), she has made TONS of quilts! But I don't think anyone has ever made her one! At least, not since she was a little girl!


(This is a block from the quilt.)

So last year, I decided she needed a quilt for her 90th birthday. I sent off 5" squares of Kona Snow to my aunts, uncles, and cousins and had each one send me back something.


(Here is Miss A's)

I added pictures on printer fabric and random color squares, and here is the quilt!


(I'll get a better picture at the party and show you later!)

I'm working on the binding tonight, and hopefully I'll have it all done tomorrow. We'll present it to her on Saturday at her big party! I'll write a post all about the quilt on Sunday and show you some of the amazing squares I got back!


Until then, I'll be binding and reminiscing!

I'll leave you with my view from my quilting spot today!


(Miss A playing with my mom and dad!)

See ya!
EL

No comments:

Post a Comment