Thursday, April 25, 2013

Guild Swap and a Baby Finish . . .

So . . . I'm just going to ignore the fact that I'm behind on blogging and forget the promises of things to show you . . . and just dive into my post! ;)

I did finish the baby receiving blanket for our friend.


It's Anna Maria Horner's Field Study Cell Structure voile, Robert Kaufman Solid Pink flannel, and Joel Dewberry's Notting Hill square petals for the binding (all bought at Fabric Worm).

I put my initials and the year on the back like last time . . .


Yes, my 13 sucks, but I really don't care! It was late and curves are hard! ;)

Moving on.

Tonight is the meeting for our Dallas Modern Quilt Guild!  We have a swap this time; last month we all brought a gallon bag of scraps to swap out with people. I included a little "thank you" pincushion for my partner.
Pincushion from tutorial found on Pinterest.

We brought their bag home and made something for their kitchen.

My bag of scraps!

I got Miss Shannon, and she requested a hot pad and an apron (a fancy, entertaining one).

I hope she likes what I did!

"Fancy Apron" - no pattern, tried to copy one my Great-grandma made!

Miss A modeling . . . because you didn't want to see it around my waist! (Notice the teapot!)

I made hot pads from a tutorial off of the Purl Bee and an oven mitt from a tutorial from Pickup Some Creativity. (Seriously, what did we do before Pinterest?) 

Hot Pad #1
Hot Pad #2

Hot Pad #3
Look at that fussy cutting . . . total accident, but totally adorable if I do say so myself!


Oven Mitt
Hot Pad #4 with mitt openings


Shannon seriously gave me some awesome scraps! I had some binding issues yesterday, but muscled through! It's not the best, but I hope she likes them!

I can't wait for tonight!

See Ya!
EL

No comments:

Post a Comment