Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Preparations

We're going on vacation on FRIDAY! WOO HOO!!!!! We will be in Oklahoma fishing with the fam! We went last year, and had a blast! Can't wait for a little R&R!

With that in mind, we are preparing for the vacation (hence the title) . . . have you noticed it's more work to get ready for vacation and return from vacation than it is on a normal week? I'm so frazzled!

Last weekend we went to El Campo for a buddies' wedding. It was a lot of fun and good to see everyone. We stayed with our good friends and got to see this little man.

Isn't he a heart-breaker? We expected to see several more buddies, including the friends who are suppose to receive the gift I previewed last week, but since they couldn't make it, I guess you'll have to wait another week until the post office can get it to them!

While we were getting ready for the trip Friday night (you know, laundry in the washer and dryer and pie in the oven) our electricity went out for an hour and a half! Basically ruined the pie! It came back on around 9:30 PM, and we had to leave at 7:30 AM, so we came home to a wreck. But for an hour and a half, that wreck looked pretty good . . . see?

So now I'm trying to clean up the house from last week. My mother-in-law is sweet enough to come take care of Ralphie while we're gone . . . but I hate to have her see the house messy. She is one of those women who ALWAYS has a perfectly clean house, no matter what. I don't know how she does it, but I have YET to find a spec of dust in that house! One day, I'm going to learn how to do it, but I just can't seem to crack it. My mom is the same way, and I'm totally jealous!

Finally, I'm gathering things for OK and putting them places I hope I won't forget them. I mean, I love my family and all, but I'm going to need some entertainment! In this pile, you will see 2 small quilts I need to bind, an embroidery project, and a knitting project (some are in bags). I also have 3 books and fishing equipment . . . I mean to relax the H*** outta this weekend!

See ya!

P.S. My best friend is moving back to Texas from Hawaii in November. Screams of excitement are emanating from Richardson . . . can you hear them? Whoop for all the "Monday Night Craft Night" gals being back in the same state :)

1 comment:

  1. The post office delivered! I'm Impressed! Ellen, thank you so very much!
    ~mary

    ReplyDelete