Thursday, July 9, 2009

Catching up + guild!

Well, since I have been away so long, I have a little stuff to catch up on. Not much (as I'm pretty boring) but some stuff.
First, the two helpers at craft night. My Ralphie, and my SIL's "puppy" Kate!

Next, a sneak peak at a gift I'm making. More about it next week!
Now, on the the Garland Quilt Guild! First of all, I had a BLAST! These ladies were so much fun! Actually, it wasn't all ladies, I saw 2 men there. How cool is that? Also, the show and tell was GREAT! Such a great diversity of styles! I definitely have a lot to learn from them! I'm a little shy, so I sat WAAAAAAYYYYYYY in the back. But I sat next to a lovely lady named Mary who talked to me and explained things during the meeting. She was SO NICE! She was also sewing on binding the whole time . . . it was great! She is a long arm quilter, and her quilting was amazing! Near us was a lady named Maria (if I have these names wrong, I'm sorry. I'm so bad with names) and she made this quilt.
Here's a close up.
A Geico Gecko T-shirt quilt! Evidently she works for them, and it was SO CUTE! I love it!

Finally, the program was wonderful. This lady, Joan Howes, gave a wonderful speech on the History of Quilting in the US; something I'm very interested in.
Here is a close up of her oldest quilt, an applique from around 1850.All of her quilts were amazing; I wish I had sat closer. All in all, I loved it, and I'm very glad I joined. Maybe next month I'll find a small group to join. I'm still pretty pumped!!!!
Sorry it's such a long post, but I'm pretty excited! (if you couldn't tell). I leave you with a picture of the Mighty Hunter, camouflaged in her environment.
"You can't see me, but I can see you . . ."
See ya!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm jealous you found a cool quilt guild. That sound like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog from your comment about not being able to find modern fabric in Dallas on Alissa's blog. I live in Dallas, too, and was just thinking about going to the Garland Quilt Guild, but I'm always so intimidated to go and be the youngest one there! Glad to find another young quilter that lives in my area! Enjoyed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete