Saturday, February 16, 2013

Happy Colors

That's what I need right now. Partially because of the crazy Texas weather that can't make up its mind if it wants to be warm or cold; partially because of the "push-Mamma-to-the-limits-of-her-sanity" phase Miss A is going through; but mostly it's because I have a cold and I'm a pretty crabby patient!

With my Christmas money, I bought myself two things, a membership in Don't Call Me Betsy's Lucky Stars BOM club and a stack of this QuiltCon Kona Solids bundle from Pink Chalk Fabrics. I didn't mean for them to go together, but this week I decided I needed something happy, so I put them together!

This was our December Practice block! Paper piecing has always been a sore spot with me. I get pretty frustrated, and this was the first time I've done it without my friends Lisa from Vintage Modern Quilts and Michelle from Urban Spools with me! They are amazing teachers and definitely had a ton of patience threw my little hissy fits during my last paper piecing projects!


This is the "Funky Star" from January! I'm feeling more confident in the paper piecing now! I wouldn't say I love it, but I definitely love the end product! I'm pretty satisfied at the end of an hour when I've completed something that looks this sharp! That never happens!


Here is February's "Exploding Star"! It's my favorite so far! I find I get a little cocky in the middle of the blocks ("Hey, I can do this! No problem!") and then I mess up. I have had to do a LOT of "unsewing", but again, the end product looks so nice it's almost worth it!


I also had to whip up a fabric tray from Noodle Head's tutorial to keep my instructions in. It's extremely easy, and so cute! I used more of my seemingly endless stash of Essex Linen and a fat quarter of Tula Pink's Prince Charming.



Here it is holding my paper piecing supplies!



Here are two more random happy colors I've seen today. The yellow Jonquils in my garden, and my pretty mug full of tea!

All this makes for a much happier patient!

See ya!

EL



No comments:

Post a Comment