Saturday, February 6, 2010

Christmas Wrap-up #1

Lets start with my family, shall we? I know my attention span isn't that long, so I'll try and keep this short and sweet.

First, a review. I decided to make everyone something hand-made for Christmas. I needed a padded cell before it was done, but it is finally done.

I made my mom this Dogwood throw. She loves dogwoods, and I knew she admired the quilt in one of my first quilt books. (I actually bought it for S for Valentine's day one year, but that's another story.) I taught myself needle-turn applique on this one! She loves it.

I knit my first hat for my dad. My poor dad, it's pretty bad, but I'm still proud of it. And so is he (I think!)

I made my brother beer coozies. They have his pictures on them! They crack me up to no end! They were difficult to make, and they're not very well constructed, but they were good for a laugh!

I made my SIL an embroidered picture with a "J" in it. She once asked me to embroider olive leaves for her (she's Greek) but I couldn't figure it out, so this is the next best thing!

For one grandmother, (the one who taught me to quilt) I made a pin cushion and gave her some fabric. She was pretty happy!

I had been wanting to make a Modified Bento Box for a while, so I decided to make one for my grandmother and grandfather. I didn't use a pattern, just looked at some on-line and went for it! (The main one I looked at was the one by Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts. I miss her)! Anyway, I didn't measure correctly, so I ended up making matching boxy quilts. They really enjoy them, though! This one was for my grandfather.

This one was for my grandmother.

Finally, my cousin had her first baby in November, so I made this blanket for little Gema Neveah!

That's it for my family . . . next time . . . the in-laws!

See-ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment