Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Finally! A Finish!


So, here is a finish for you!
I made this sweet quilt for Mr. Alex (a new baby of a VERY good friend of ours!) Man! It seem like a baby boom around here!

I got the pattern from Moda Bake Shop . . . courtesy of V and Co! I love both of these sites! So much inspiration! :)

Mr. Alex's parents decided he would be a surprise, so I needed a gender-neutral quilt for him . . . and this one was PERFECT!!! (pre-approved by Mama, of course!)

The front is exactly like the pattern; the fabric is Make Life by Sweetwater, but the back is a fabric from Ikea! Super fun animals!!!! Instead of doing a straight quilting, I "Machine Tie" quilted it, by quilting polka-dots all over it (the red dots you see in the above picture). I got the idea from my SIL, who did it on the quilt she made for A. It keeps the quilt soft and floppy, and is REALLY fast and easy!

I love this family & I'm so happy for them!

Now, a little sneak-peak of my next project. The Dallas Modern Quilt Guild is having an Earth Day Challenge, and our pieces are due May 12.

I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew!!!

See Ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment