Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Today is my mom's birthday! I missed her party this past weekend, and I miss her terribly! (For those of you that don't know, she lives a good 6 hours away . . . it's a BUMMER!) It's so funny, you think you know your parents growing up, but once you're out of the house, things CHANGE! I've learned so many things about her since I've "grown up". She loves Greek coffee, has an I-Phone, and watches Mad Men, to name a few. This is a completely different picture of her than what I had in my head in high-school, but I digress. For her birthday, we gave her a new Greek Coffee pot, because it's just hard to make it without the special pot. I also made her this:






(that's her, modeling!) Her favorite colors are green and blue, and I know she's constantly carrying things back and forth to work, and our house, etc. I thought she might need a pretty bag! (her old one was a beat-up canvas thing from the school she works at. This is MUCH prettier!) I used the Jane's Market Bag pattern from Posie. TOTALLY worth the 6 bucks! I was really worried about making it . . . I'm not very good at following patterns, and when people say "easy" but they are already experienced, I rarely find it easy! But Posie's instructions were simple (once I got up the nerve to start) and it came together rather quickly (in a little more than one craft-night session). It's a beautiful bag . . . I want to make myself one (or two, or three), but I need to finish Christmas stuff first. Anyway . . .
Happy Birthday Momma! I love you!

See ya!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ellen! THanks for playing along on the Pay It Forward. Send your address to modernjax [at] gmail [dot] com and I will send you something in the next 364 days.

    And Happy Birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete