Friday, November 13, 2015

Christmas Quilts are coming along!

Christmas is coming! It's only 6 weeks away!

So, last time I said I would keep you updated on my progress and that I would try to sew 4 days a week. So far I've been doing ok!

Saturday all my friends were at a retreat, so I had a pity party!! I shipped one kid off to grandma's and the other one was pretty happy in her "Thunder-dome" (it's a play pen, but the reference cracks me up), so I parked in front of the TV and sewed for 6 hours! 

I got 2 lap-size Christmas quilts pieced and 1 full-size Christmas quilt mostly cut!

Sunday - I cut some more on the full size quilt.

Monday - NOTHING!!!!!

Tuesday - finished cutting out the full sized quilt and laid out the more intricate blocks. Started piecing the blocks. Decided on a pattern for a KING SIZE Christmas quilt.

Wednesday - I swear I spent 3 HOURS shopping and I'm counting it! I needed to buy the fabric for my king size quilt. Thankfully the pattern is made in all 2.5" squares and rectangles, so I decided to make it easy and buy jelly rolls.  I wanted solid colors, obviously in red, green, and white. Guess what, YOU CANNOT FIND GREEN JELLY ROLLS!!! I went to 2 LQS, called 2 more, checked out at least 7 online stores and COULD NOT find green jelly rolls. I finally found the color I wanted on Ebay. After getting them off Ebay, I realized I had purchased Junior Jelly Rolls from my LQS in red and white, so I only had half of what I needed. So I ordered more online (from The Fat Quarter Shop! Quick shipping and awesome selection!).

At this point, I do want to give a shout-out to my LQS Stitched With Love. It's a bit of a drive for me, but when I couldn't find the green I wanted, they pulled out their Kona and Bella color cards and helped me go through and find the right color. (Evidently the one "green" that I found online was really teal. Would not have worked.). They also offered solutions to make cutting a billion strips easier and then offered to buy the green jelly rolls I wanted from the supplier for me in case I couldn't find it. Their customer service is AMAZING! That is why I'll make the drive and spend the time to shop with them!



Thursday - finished piecing the blocks, pressed and trimmed. Laid out full size quilt.


Friday - pieced full size top!

This weekend I'll be visiting my grandparents out of town so I doubt I'll have any more time to sew this week, but I've actually surpassed my weekly goal (an hour a day for at least 4 days). Lets just hope I can keep up the momentum next week! Next week I hope to baste and quilt the 3 tops I have done, and start piecing the KING SIZE quilt!

My goal is to have 4 christmas quilts completed by Thanksgiving. We're having a Christmas party on the 5th and I want everything decorated really well! So cross your fingers for me! If I keep going this way, I might be able to have it done!!! :)


See ya!
EL

2 comments:

  1. That quilt is fantastic! I need to make one! Congrats on being so productive!!

    ReplyDelete