Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Packing and Sewing

I am frantically washing clothes and packing things and trying to clean the house (and keep it clean) so we can leave first thing tomorrow . . . and I decided to throw a "quick" sewing project in the mix, just to keep things interesting ;)

First of all, I did get both my full-size and my mini quilt ready to go. They are quilted and the binding is machine-stitched down, ready to be hand stitched!

I hope I can get them finished and washed at my mom's house
. . . she can help me get some pretty pictures of them!

Because I'm SOOOOOOO proud of myself for getting these done, I decided to make myself a present! I honestly thought I wouldn't have these ready to bind until the end of January, and my deadlines aren't until the second week in February, so if I finish this weekend, I'm 2 weeks ahead of schedule! That NEVER happens!

So instead of starting on another one of my UFO's on my list, I decided to try something I've been wanting for a while, the Goody Goody Binding Kit (tutorial by Vanessa of Lella Boutique)! It'll be helpful to finish my binding on my trip too, right?

My only problem is that the strap for my thread is too fat to go through my spool.
 :(. Oh well, it's keeping the scissors in the holder I made too big 
(trying too hard to be cool . . . My downfall every time!)

It took me about a week, working in little bits here and there (teething baby . . . lots of grump in my house this week). It's a great tutorial, easy to follow with lots of little steps. I liked that I could do one or 2 things and easily put it down and pick it up again. Somedays I only had about 10 minutes, so it was nice!

Fabrics are from C&S Moonlit.
I had a random FQ bundle lying around, so I decided to use it!

Mine's not perfect . . . nothing I make ever is, and I'm ok with that! It's just for me and the colors are bright, so I'm happy.

And a little reward for finishing some UFO's helps keep me going! I'm ready for the next thing on my list! :)

See ya!
EL

No comments:

Post a Comment